CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm,. We have been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including transaction and project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton. The Central London Team based at St Paul’s specialise in The City and West End Managing for prestigious clients and amazing property.
Job Title: Associate Director - Commercial Property Management
To be a part of the Property Management Central London Team (CLT) in a client focussed role ensuring accurate and timely delivery of service and achievement of Key Performance Indicators within the department. Acting for one of our top fee earning global clients this is an exciting and demanding role for a commercially minded and highly professional individual.
CBRE are looking for an exceptional Associate Director to join our team dealing with the management of a prestigious and growing portfolio. You would be joining a team of three, managing prestigious and landmark buildings in Central London together with close liaison with our client specific investment team, asset management team and senior leadership teams.
People are what make our service special and we therefore invest considerable time in development and training. With access to CBRE’s International platform and Global Best Practices you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best property managers in the world.
• Key role in the client focussed surveying team
• Analytical budgeting and reporting directly to the fund
• A team player and management and continued development of senior surveyors / surveyors
• Participate in departmental strategies/projects and departmental business development activities
• Ensure the effective transition of client/properties on acquisition and sale of assets
• Working with our FM team and building managers taking the necessary action to ensure all sites are fully compliant with legislative and procedural requirements
• Undertake regular property inspections and prepare report for distribution to the Client, ensuring client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to in accordance with agreed timescales
• Approve data published in management reports and attend client meetings
• Ensure tight financial management of rents, service charges and insurance premiums ensuring all management and ad-hoc fee invoices are raised in accordance with contracts and paid promptly
• Close liaison with our dedicated Asset Management and Investment teams in line with strategy and project works
• Review and approve service charge budgets incorporating PPM works and/or recommendations as appropriate in a timely manner.
• Review service charge cash flow and review budget v expenditure regularly in conjunction with the facilities managers.
• Review and approve service charge reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Engaging in occupier meetings and initiatives
• Review of tenant applications and prepare client recommendations
• Liaison with retained property lawyers
• Ability to build and maintain effective and long term relationships both internal and external to CBRE, including with our valued clients
• Experience and knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make informed recommendations and strategic decision-making
• Strong Landlord and tenant knowledge contributing to lease advisory decision-making
• Forward thinking and proactive
• An experience/understanding of VAT, banking and financial control
• Ability to use standard IT software such as Word, Excel and knowledge of accounting/information databases such as Tramps (training on Tramps can be provided if not already a familiar user)
• Have the ability to supervise and develop team members
• Excellent presentation skills
We believe in dynamic and different approaches in building effective teams and excellent client care. This role is no exception and a successful candidate will be energetic and professional with the opportunity to deliver excellent client care and results. This is an important role working in a focussed team but together with the wider resources of the firm for one of our highly valued and longstanding clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.