Account Manager - Guangzhou
Guangdong , Mainland China
Date published: 24-Mar-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
In line with the continued growth and expansion of our business throughout Asia Pacific, we have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager. This person will be integral for day-to-day management of the client’s portfolio, managing the returning/handover of leased sites to Landlords, processing associated documentation, negotiating new licenses and easements, arranging lease renewals with the landlord, undertaking lease exit, working with the CBRE Estate and Transaction Management teams to undertake portfolio optimization initiatives and keeping and storing accurate files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lease renewal or extension of current contracts without rent challenge or negotiation.
- Sublease Renewal where no marketing and only minor negotiation required.
- Lease termination (lease disposal which does not involve negotiation with landlord for e.g. executing end of term termination, executing a right to terminate)
- Purchase options/right of first refusal (advice regarding an existing option/right.
- Work closely with the client and CBRE TM team to strategize, deliver, and structure the high-risk high value transactions.
- Monitoring all lease critical dates to ensure that all client’s contractual obligations are met.
- On behalf of client to deal with government on rates and rent, liaise with insurance company on claims, dismiss & launch cases.
- Develop relationship and work closely with the client’s Internal or external Legal, Audit/ Operational Risk and client’s supply partners.
- Working with EM Lead to develop initiatives at country level.
- Minimize vacancies rates of the portfolio.
- Managing the handover of the client’s assets on owned and leased property with support of FM & capital projects.
- Performing site inspections (as needed)
- Prepare business approval documents and related financial analysis.
- Managing the eviction process for delinquent lease-out tenants (at the client’s instruction)
- Ensure consistent application of EM playbook & review EM playbook from time to time.
- Assist the bank and collaborate with other CBRE internal for portfolio revaluation.
- Support Client in preparation of Annual Operation Plan (AOP)
- Support Client / Regional EM Lead / Country Lead in audits, reporting, portfolio planning and finance management.
- Build good relationship with the client’s landlords/ tenants and resolve EM issues.
- Document EM activities with designated software or reporting formats.
- Ensure payments are as per contract obligations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Engineering, or related field
- 5 - 8 + years in the real estate industry
- Must possess general business financial knowledge
- EAA Licensee is required
- Account/client management skills is required.
- RICS/ MCR or similar qualification is preferred
- Fluency in English and local language
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Must be able to act as the client’s representative in sensitive discussions with local authorities
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.