To provide maintenance services, cover breakdowns and repair work, provide some installation services and generally maintain all HVAC plant, air conditioning systems to the appropriate standards.
Educated to a minimum of City & Guilds or equivalent
Completion of a recognised technical training scheme.
Apprenticeship (or equivalent programme)
Permit to Work
Basic Electrical Qualification
Applicant must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license.
At least five years at a similar level or equivalent.
Current F Gas 2079 Certification or equivalent
FGas Refrigerant Handling
Knowledge of current technical standards
Knowledge of business-critical services
18th Edition IEE Regulations
Formulating, Assessing and Validating Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations adjusting language / terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Ability to update and maintain up to date professional and technical competence and use this in the achievement of objectives.
To be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt
Take personal responsibility for own actions
Maintain a high level of attendance
Display a flexible ‘can do’ approach which will contribute to the success of CBRE
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service by understanding the customer needs and drivers
Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
Ability to create new approaches and solutions
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Be responsible for your personal presentation, health and physical fitness and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment.
Able to work at height.
Occasional weekend working may be required.
Must be flexible regarding working hours
Must be available to join a call out rota.
· Responsible on day to day basis for all aspects of but not limited to, maintenance regime, reactive and PPM, compliance.
· Excellent working knowledge of AC and associated plant, such as Fans, controls, pumps, pipework, etc
· Establish a safe, transparent and constructive culture that recognizes hard work and performance.
· Ensure all appropriate maintenance personnel are trained and able to perform their duties safely and in an efficient manner.
· Managing onsite facilities team and third party sub-contractors ensuring they complete tasks on time and safely to required standards
· To allocate work and completion using the CAFM system
· Allocate and control rota of staff and maintain records
· Order materials and services, maintain records control stock
· Excellent documentation skills to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
· Develop preventative maintenance schedules, and track/optimize equipment reliability.
· To keep up to date with and have an awareness of new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs
· Undertake maintenance surveys and produce reports accurately and concise
· Ability to research and find information in order to troubleshoot and maintain mechanical and electrical systems.
· Identify areas of improvement and suggest solutions with cost analysis.
· Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
· Follow up corrective actions and implement countermeasures to minimise reoccurrence of faults
· To cover other supervisors as necessary
· To undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary.
Subject Matter Expertise Mechanical
· Responsible for statutory compliance of F-Gas
· Carry out planned and reactive maintenance on air handling, air conditioning systems and chillers
· Diagnose faults on various air conditioning, heat pumps, refrigeration or air handling systems and carry out necessary remedial repairs
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Sound fault-finding skills on all forms of Air Conditioning, including Chillers (Recip, Screw etc), Splits, VRF and Refrigeration Plant
· Initial response to faulty chillers, repair if able or report to specialist contractor
· Carry out installation of air conditioning systems from time to time
· Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
· Ensure Site Log Book (FGas Register) are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained